What you may have missed between last night and this morning
1. Boxing – Heavy: Stoppage for Yoka
Until now, Tony Yoka was unbeaten among professionals (11 wins in 11 fights). But the Olympic heavyweight champion fell on a bone on Saturday night. Opposed to the very powerful Martin Bakole, the French took very violent blows from the start and was never able to reverse the course of the fight. He finally bowed on a split decision of the judges, conceding a defeat which does not suffer from any dispute.
Tension in L1, last four for Djokovic, Démare expected: the news on a set
YESTERDAY AT 06:24
2. Football – Ligue 1: Monaco overtakes OM, Saint-Étienne in great danger
Played in full on Saturday evening, the 37th day of the championship reserved its share of surprises. While PSG and Lionel Messi were having fun in Montpellier (0-4), Marseille tripped over Rennes (2-0) and lost their 2nd place in favor of a stunning AS Monaco against Brest (4-2). At the bottom of the table, it’s almost over for Bordeaux (20th), held in check by Lorient (0-0), and it smells very bad for Saint-Étienne (19th), dominated by Reims (1-2) and now preceded by Metz (18th).
Disappointment for Gerson and Caleta-Car: OM conceded the opener in Rennes – 05/14/2022, 37th day of Ligue 1
3. Tennis – Masters 1000 Rome: Djokovic in the 1000
He took the time he needed, but Novak Djokovic did indeed achieve his ends. On Saturday, the world number 1 got the better of a catchy Casper Ruud in the semi-finals of the Rome tournament (6-4, 6-3), winning his thousandth victory on the ATP circuit on this occasion. The Serb thus joins a very closed circle, which includes Jimmy Connors, Ivan Lendl, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. In the final, he will face Stefanos Tsitsipas.
Be careful, Djoko finds his legs and his bite: the summary of his victory against Ruud
We have also selected for you
Basketball – Elite: Monaco narrowly won in Limoges (88-89) and joined ASVEL at the top of the championship.
Tennis – WTA 1000 Roma: Ons Jabeur had to work hard to overcome Daria Kasatkina (6-4, 1-6, 7-5) and secure a final against Iga Swiatek.
The tweet that reminds us that the quadruple is still possible
The catch-up video
Doesn’t Van der Poel do too much? “He lost the stage on his own by making mistakes”
What you will be sure to follow today
1. Cycling – Tour of Italy: The favorites in the Blockhaus test
The first week of the Giro 2022 ends with an unmissable event, since the finish of this 9th stage will be judged at the top of the formidable – and dreaded – Blockhaus. With its 13.6 kilometers at 8.4% average, this mountain of the Apennines will certainly cause serious damage within the peloton and will allow the contenders for the final victory to deliver a first big explanation.
At the Blockhaus, the masks will fall: The profile of the 9th stage
2. MotoGP – Grand Prix de France: Quartararo and Zarco to thrill the Le Mans public
Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) at Le Mans, May 14, 2022 during the French Grand Prix
Credit: Getty Images
3. Tennis – Masters 1000 Rome: Djokovic and Tsitsipas at the time of the reunion
A little over eleven months ago, they crossed swords in the Roland-Garros final. Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsitsipas meet again this Sunday. Once again in the final, once again on clay, but this time in Rome. Finally back at the top after a complicated start to the year, the Serb has the opportunity to win his 6th title in the Italian capital. However, he will have a lot to do against the 5th player in the world, winner of the Monte-Carlo tournament a few weeks ago.
On earth, Tsitsipas regains control: his victory over Zverev in the semi-finals
We will also follow:
- The perilous trip of leader Manchester City to West Ham (3 p.m.).
- The other Champions Cup semi-final (4 p.m.), between Racing 92 and La Rochelle.
- The final of the Women’s French Cup (6:30 p.m.), which will pit an ultra-favorite PSG against Yzeure, a resident of the second division.
- The 37th day of Serie A and the continuation of the distance duel between AC Milan, which will receive Atalanta (6 p.m.) and Inter, which will go to Cagliari (8:45 p.m.).
- Game 7 of the unbreathable series between the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee Bucks (9:30 p.m.).
Power of Sport – From 10000m to triathlon: Beth Potter, the force of retraining
YESTERDAY AT 09:29
Nadal concerned, the Heat qualified, big piece on the Giro: the news on a plate
05/13/2022 At 04:41