It was quick.
Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images
As the preeminent authority on all things Eagles shirt numberswe would be remiss not to mention some recent changes that have appeared on the official Philadelphia Eagles roster page.
- S Sydney Brown – No. 21 (was No. 43)
- CB Mekhi Garner – #43 (was #46)
- WR Charleston Rambo – No. 43
- TE Dan Arnold – No. 46
And now for an analysis:
- No. 21 became available with the The Eagles renounce André Chachère (which was claimed by the Arizona Cardinals). Kudos to Brown for quickly upgrading her look. He has the potential to be the first starting safety wearing No. 21 for the Eagles since Jalen Mills changed numbers (previously No. 31) and positions (previously cornerback) in 2020. Brown could possibly change his number again if Justin Evans, who is wearing Brown’s varsity jersey number (#30), is not on the team. In this scenario, Kelee Ringo could afford to move from No. 37 to No. 21.
- #46 to #43 isn’t a huge change for Garner, but I’d say it’s a slight improvement considering the old number was worn by a long snapper in Philadelphia.
- THE Newly signed Rambo didn’t have many options to choose from after joining the team after rookie minicamp. He stands out as the only wide receiver on the team not to have a single-digit, teenage, or 80 number.
- When the Eagles announced the new jersey numbers earlier this month, they hadn’t revealed Arnold’s number. We now know he will be at No. 46. That’s a tight camp number, so not the best development for his stock.
Back to top ↑