This is a statement that should make noise in Bavaria. While Robert Lewandowski (33) will enter his last year of contract from next August, the Polish striker has desires elsewhere. Bayern Munich, however, offered him a contract extension, obviously not up to the expectations of the top scorer in the Bundesliga (34 goals in 33 league games this season). And for the first time since the 33-year-old striker’s departure rumors appeared in the sports press, Bayern Munich have confirmed.
Indeed, before the game against VfL Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidžić claimed to have “spoke with Lewa. In the discussion we had, he told me that he did not want to accept our contract extension offer and that he would like to leave the club. He said he would like to do something else.at the microphone of Sky Sports, this Saturday. Something to amaze the suitors to enlist him this summer, including FC Barcelona.
Bayern do not want to let go of Lewandowski
In search of a new scorer for next season, FC Barcelona would like, as indicated by the local press for several weeks, to afford the serial scorer of Bayern Munich. Despite limited financial means, the Catalan club intends to rely on the good relationship between Joan Laporta and Pini Zahavi, the player’s agent, to afford it. However, Bayern remain clear: “our attitude has not changed: Lewa has a contract until June 30, 2023. It’s a fact”added Salihamidžić.
According to Sky Sports, Robert Lewandowski himself would like to join FC Barcelona this summer. The standoff will be complicated between the Pole and his management, even if his trainer, Julian Nagelsmann, does not wish to retain him at all costs. “I am not the right person to impose vetoes. We spoke to Oliver Khan and Brazzo (Salihamidžić) to decide some things, but I will never speak publicly for or against anything as if my word were the law.. The next few days are likely to be tense in Munich…